Activities and Games
Looking for an activity to do with the kids this summer? Why not explore the wonders of water? After all, water is the ONLY substance on earth that occurs naturally in all three states of matter!
Check out this kid-friendly experiment that explores water's three states:
- Make a batch of your favorite kid-friendly drink.
- Pour some of it into a bag and place the sealed bag in the freezer.
- Pour the rest of the liquid into small paper drinking cups and place them in the freezer. Once it starts to thicken and freeze, insert a popsicle stick into each cup and continue to freeze until fully hardened.
- Once the liquid inside the bag is frozen, take it out of the freezer and tape it to a window in a sunny location.
- Have the kids observe how the bag's contents change through the course of the afternoon - i.e. it will start as a solid (ice), then turn into liquid as the drink melts, and finally into gas (condensation droplets on the side of the bag).
- Enjoy the fruits of your labor by eating the remaining popsicles together!