Each year, the Consortium conducts several public outreach campaigns that focus on conservation, source water protection and emergency preparedness.
The Consortium conducts two conservation-focused campaigns - the indoor campaign that highlights simple actions we all can take to use water wisely in our homes, and the outdoor campaign which occurs in the summer and focuses on how to use water efficiently on our landscapes and other outdoor activities when our water supplies are at their lowest.
This year, the Consortium is partnering with Clean Rivers Coalition on a year-long television source water protection television campaign which started July 2019 and runs through June 2020. The "Clean Water. It's Our Future" campaign highlights seasonal tips that we all can take to protect our region's most precious resource - water!
The Consortium also runs a four-week emergency preparedness-focused campaign in September that focuses providing important information on how to store and treat water in case of an emergency.
Multilingual COVID-19 Campaign
Indoor television campaign with KATU (Channel 2) March 2020
- AM Northwest: How to check your toilet for leaks
- Ads: Find and Fix Leaks Ad, Install WaterSense Conservation Devices Ad
Outdoor multimedia campaign with several television and radio partners (May - August 2020)
KATU - Channel 2
- Weekend Morning News: Drinking Water Week
- Weekly Watering Number Ad A (:15)
- Waterwise Tips Ad (:15)
- Everything We Do Depends on Water A (:30)
- Everything We Do Depends on Water B (:30)
- Waterwise Tip #1: Deep Soak (:15)
- Waterwise Tip #2: Adjust Your Sprinklers (:15)
- Waterwise Tip #3: Mow Less Often (:15)
KUNP - Univision
- Conservación del Agua Exteriores (:15)
- Conservación del Agua Exteriores (:30)
- Conservación del Agua Exteriores - 2 (:15)
- Conservación del Agua Exteriores - 2 (:30)
Garden Time TV
"Clean Water. It's Our Future." Campaign
KPTV (Channel 12)